At RACQ Insurance, our aim is to make your car insurance claim experience quick and easy to ensure you're back on the road as soon as possible.
To lodge a claim or enquire about an existing claim, please call RACQ Insurance on
13 7202 and one of our friendly staff will guide you through the process.
We guarantee the quality of repairs completed by our Selected Repairers for as long as you or your family own the car with our Lifetime Repair Guarantee.
What you will need to make a Car Insurance Claim
To help us lodge your claim it may be useful to have the following information available when you call:
- Your RACQ Insurance policy number, address details, drivers licence number and driver details
- Your registration number
- The date and details of the incident
- Details of the towing company. If your vehicle is not driveable following an accident/event or theft, we will pay the reasonable cost of towing your vehicle from the accident scene or where recovered after a theft to the nearest repairer or safe place. Any towing company may be used
- Contact details for other people involved including their name, residential address, telephone number, registration number and insurance details if known
- If the incident has been reported to the Police, please provide the Police Report Number, the name of the Police Officer, the station and the report date
- Any written demands or correspondence regarding the incident
- If you or any other person has been injured in an accident, you may wish to view the Compulsory Third Party Claims page
Claims Service Centres
As part of our hassle free claims service, we have a number of conveniently located Claims Service Centres throughout Queensland.
How you can help
- Take necessary steps to prevent any further loss, theft or damage
- Call us for assistance in arranging emergency repairs
- Keep damaged personal property for inspection
RACQ Insurance Aussie Assist
Aussie Assist is an additional benefit provided at no extra cost with RACQ Comprehensive Car Insurance. It's an emergency assistance service designed to give medical or travel help when you and/or your family are travelling in Australia, more than 100km from your home. You don't even have to be using your car to take advantage of it. A full range of services and information can be found at the Aussie Assist page.
You may wish to view these important documents
- Motor Vehicle Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDF, 711kb)
- Unique Vehicle Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDF, 580kb)
- How to prepare for storms
- Hazard Reporting
- Towing safety