You might be looking to buy a boat or a caravan, maybe even a new computer. Perhaps it’s that overseas trip you’ve been meaning to take? Whatever that next purchase may be, RACQ could have a personal loan for you.
- Competitive rates
- No monthly account keeping fees
- Secured and unsecured personal loans available
- Fast approvals – in most cases our professional and helpful staff will advise you of the outcome of your application within 5 hours.
- Pre-approvals – we can pre-approve your loan so you know in advance how much you have to spend
- Easy monthly or fortnightly repayments –we make repaying your loan easy with a monthly or fortnightly direct debit facility. You can make extra repayments at any time
- Fixed interest rates – this makes sure there are no surprises and you know what you need to pay
- Loan terms from 1 – 7 years available.
Things to consider
Your credit history
If you have ever applied for a credit card, mortgage or personal loan, or any other type of credit, a personal credit file has been created containing your credit history. This record can be accessed by financial institutions and can determine your ability to get credit in the future.
To maintain a healthy credit rating, it is important to answer all questions accurately on your credit application forms, pay your bills on time and contact your creditor immediately if you get into repayment difficulties. If you do find yourself in financial trouble, it might be worth consolidating your debts into a personal loan, where the interest rate would be lower than credit card and store card rates.
To access your credit file, visit MyCreditFile.com.au
Consolidate your loans
RACQ can help you reduce your personal debt or refinance an existing loan through a RACQ personal loan. Consolidating your existing loans into one loan can make your loan repayments more manageable with only one monthly repayment.
- RACQ consolidation loan rates are competitive, fees are low and our service assures you minimum hassle
- Fast loan approval
- Once the consolidation of your existing loans is approved we will send your documents to you via email or mail for you to sign and return to us. Once your loan and supporting documents are returned, we can settle your loan, it's that easy.
Calculate your repayments
Before you apply for your personal loan, you’ll need to figure out how much you can afford to borrow and whether you would like to make fortnightly or monthly repayments.
Our loan calculator can help you figure out how much you will need to put aside each fortnight or month for your loan repayments. It also gives you an indication of how you can save and decrease your loan term by halving your monthly repayments and paying fortnightly instead.
Ready to apply?*
You can apply for your personal loan with our online loan application form. It should only take around 10 minutes to complete and includes questions that allow us to identify who you are, and understand your employment and financial situation. Once your personal loan is approved we will contact you to finalise your finance and work with you to find the easiest way for you to sign your documents.
If you would prefer to speak with one of our finance consultants, you can contact the RACQ finance team to discuss or email a question.
1. Does RACQ only finance specific makes of vehicles?
We finance most new and used vehicles of various makes and ages. This also includes caravans, watercraft and motorcycles.
2. What information do you need from me when I apply for a loan?
When assessing your application for a loan, we take many factors into account so we can make an informed credit decision. You will need to provide us with proof of:
- your identity
- your ability to be able to repay the loan (e.g. current pay advice or group certificate)
You may also get asked for proof of housing (ownership or rental), employment history, references and credit history.
3. What interest rate will I be charged?
Your interest rate will depend on your personal circumstances and whether or not you are a RACQ member. Our base rates may vary, so please call us on 1300 361 316 to learn more.
View more Loans FAQs
You may also be interested in...
Terms and conditions
*Conditions, fees and charges apply. RACQ Loans are provided by R.A.C.V. Finance Ltd ABN 82 004 292 291 Australian credit licence 391488 and are subject to R.A.C.V. Finance lending criteria. RACQ Operations Pty Ltd ABN 80 009 663 414 credit representative number 364451 is an authorised representative of R.A.C.V. Finance Ltd Australian credit licence 391488. RACQ Members receive 1% p.a. discount off their loan rate only. Member discount does not apply to the new car special rate and is not available through finance brokers, third parties or intermediaries. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash or other goods & services. Rates are subject to change without notice.