Now that you have made the right choice and chosen a new RACQ battery, proper maintenance and care should provide you with years of trouble free starting.
Battery Care Tips
When you turn the ignition and it starts slowly or your lights are dimming noticeably, you could have a failing battery. You should have your battery checked and recharged, or replace it if necessary.
Members can call RACQ Batteries on 13 1111.
How to avoid a discharged or dead battery
- Ensure all lights or accessories are turned off
- Regular driving each week or the use of an RACQ approved battery charger
- Have the charge rate of your alternator checked at every service
- Keep your battery case clean
- Ensure battery terminals and posts are cleaned regularly
- Have your engine serviced regularly as poor engine condition can overload the battery
Car Battery Safety Tips
- Metallic objects should not be placed on top of the battery
- Keep flames or sparks away from the battery at all times
- Never add acid to cells and keep acid away from eyes, skin, clothing or any other material which may become damaged. If contamination occurs, use large amounts of water to neutralise and flush acid away
- Batteries should always be installed by a qualified professional