Do you need roadside assistance? You can contact us for immediate service through a variety of channels 24 hours every day, no matter where you are in Australia.
Request roadside assistance by phone
Call 13 1111
When contacting us to request assistance, there are a few things you can do to help us provide service as soon as possible:
- Having your vehicle registration number, vehicle make and model and your RACQ membership card number ready
- Looking around and confirming your location – find the nearest street corner or a landmark that we can use to determine where you are
- Providing the mobile number of the driver or passenger with the vehicle
- Waiting with the vehicle at an agreed pick up point. Please be aware that if you are not available when the RACQ Patrol Officer arrives, they will wait only a short period before proceeding to the next job.
Request roadside assistance by SMS
Hearing impaired members are able to SMS RACQ to request roadside assistance:
- Metro areas (Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane & Gold Coast): SMS 0428 13 1111
- All other locations: SMS 0427 13 1111
Request roadside assistance using TTY
Members with a text telephone or text typewriter can contact RACQ on the following numbers for roadside assistance:
- 07 3248 2074
- 1800 623 101
RACQ Mobile Roadside Assistance apps
Use the RACQ Mobile Roadside Assistance Android or iPhone app to contact us for immediate roadside assistance - without placing a phone call. The app will use your phone’s built-in GPS to determine your current location, will remember your membership and vehicle details, provide you with confirmation of your request, and also give an approximate timeframe for assistance.
- No need to call (unless it's an emergency)
- Uses the ipone’s built-in GPS to determine your current location
- Remembers your membership and vehicle details
- Receive confirmation of your roadside assistance request and an approximate timeframe for assistance