RACQ membership is available to permanent residents of Queensland.
Loyalty discounts are applicable to holders of RACQ Roadside, Roadside Extra, Plus Care, Ultra Care and RACQ Ultimate. These discounts are not applicable to holders of RACQ Business Roadside and Business Plus Care.
Only members and person(s) authorised by a member can make or request updates to member records. Member authorisation must be noted on RACQ records.
Members are able to choose how they communicate with RACQ and can change these preferences as required. Find out more about RACQ subscriptions
. For more information, contact us
- There is a 24-hour waiting period for RACQ Roadside Assistance following the processing and approval of RACQ membership applications.
- There is a 72-hour waiting period for Plus Care, Ultra Care and RACQ Ultimate benefits following the processing and approval of RACQ membership applications for these options.
- Benefits do not apply to any incident occurring within these waiting periods.
- Please allow 14 to 21 days for delivery of your membership confirmation pack following approval of your membership application.
Vehicle Weight Limits
Limited Services apply for vehicles where the weight of the Nominated Vehicle exceeds 3.0 tonnes GVM loaded or unloaded and/or where the length exceeds 5.5 metres (18 feet) in length and 2.3 metres (7.5 feet) in width or 2.0 metres in height. Services are limited as follows:
• No towing entitlement. RACQ will endeavour to arrange towing subject to availability of a tow truck, this will be at the members expense.
• Batteries cannot be serviced or fitted to motor homes where there is limited access to the battery or substantial removal of vehicle panels is required
• Jump starts may be provided, up to 24-volt boost start only, providing only one battery is unserviceable
• Lockout assistance may be limited for some light commercial vehicles
• Wheel changing assistance may be provided if the vehicle’s jack and wheel nut spanner are provided. Where the weight of the wheel and tyre assembly is beyond the safe lifting capacity of a single person, a service fee for additional assistance may be charged.
Note: The decision as to whether services can be provided will be at the discretion of the RACQ consultant or the attending RACQ representative.
Fees & Charges
A range of fees apply for RACQ membership, these are detailed further on each individual product page
Roadside Assistance Benefits
Upon joining RACQ, you will receive a welcome pack that outlines your entitlements. For those members who receive roadside assistance benefits following a breakdown, more information is available here
Where roadside assistance is requested more frequently than RACQ considers reasonable, members may be requested to ensure that any vehicles nominated for membership or requiring assistance are placed in a sound mechanical and roadworthy condition. Until this has been done, any further requests for free service may be refused or service provided for a fee.
For more information about RACQ’s Excess Use program, visit racq.com/ExcessUse.
RACQ uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for the safe transfer of your credit card information.