Experience the natural wonders of Wave Rock and Uluru, explore the Goldfields Wildflower Trail and discover stunning Kings Canyon on this 10 day tour through Western Australia and the Northern Territory. See if you can spot the beautiful Sturt's Desert Pea and visit Alice Springs after travelling through Palm Valley and the West MacDonnell Ranges.
|10 day 4WD tour from Perth to Alice Springs with APT from $5,395*pp twin share|
- 9 nights accommodation
- 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 9 dinners
- All sightseeing and entrance fees
- Enjoy a magical evening at the Sounds of Silence Dinner
- Discover stunning Kings Canyon
- Explore Palm Valley and visit the West MacDonnell Ranges
- Admire the wonders of Wave Rock and Uluru
Day 1 Perth, York, Wave Rock (D)
Cross the Darling Ranges on the way to historic York. Take a locally guided tour and continue on to Hyden to explore the wonder of Wave Rock. This region is known for its Banksias, Mulla Mulla and Grevilleas. Stay: Hyden, Wave Rock Hotel.
Day 2 Coolgardie, Kalgoorlie (B, D)
Journey through the wheat belt to Coolgardie. Visit the Gold Museum, then continue to Kalgoorlie. Travel Kalgoorlie’s ‘Golden Mile’. Solo travellers may be required to share accommodation. Stay: Kalgoorlie, All Seasons Plaza.
Day 3 Lake Ballard, Leonora (B, L, D)
Stop at the Ora Banda Historical Inn and Lake Ballard. Join the Goldfields Wildflower Trail where you’ll see everlastings, perennials and Mulga species. Visit the former goldmining region of Gwalia, now a ghost town. Stay: Leonora Motor Inn.
Day 4 Great Central Road, Warburton (B, L, D)
Start early and take the Great Central Road, part of The Outback Way. Special permits are required to travel this road. See the gnamma holes, a useful source of water for the local Ngaanyatjarra people, and continue to Warburton. Stay: Warburton Roadhouse.
Day 5 Gunbarrel Highway, Lasseter’s Cave, Giles Weather Station (B, L, D)
Visit the Warburton Arts and Cultural Centre and the Giles Weather Station. Travel a short section of the original Gunbarrel Highway to Lasseter’s Cave. Search for the beautiful Sturt’s Desert Pea throughout Central Australia. Stay: Ayers Rock Resort, Desert Gardens Hotel, 2 nights.
Day 6 Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park (B, D)
Experience the magic of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. See the sunrise over Uluru and enjoy a base tour before visiting the Cultural Centre. Travel to Kata Tjuta (Olgas) and hike through Walpa Gorge. This evening join the Sounds of Silence Dinner - a feast of Australian delicacies under the desert night sky.
Day 7 Mt Conner, Kings Canyon (B, L, D)
See Mt Conner, and Kings Canyon where you have a choice of guided walks. Afterwards, head to APT’s exclusive wilderness lodge, in Kings Creek Station. Stay: Kings Canyon Wilderness Lodge in tented cabins (exclusive to APT).
Day 8 Palm Valley, Finke River, Glen Helen (B, L, D)
The remarkable Palm Valley, in the heart of Finke Gorge National Park, is home to the world’s oldest river the Finke River, and the only place where Livistona mariae palms grow in Central Australia. Later, see the contrast between the blue sky and the red sandstone at Glen Helen Gorge. Stay: Glen Helen Resort.
Day 9 West MacDonnell Ranges, Alice Springs Sightseeing (B, D)
Visit the West MacDonnell Ranges and see Ormiston Gorge and Standley Chasm. Marvel at the towering cliffs of Simpsons Gap. Visit the Old Telegraph Station, an Alice Springs institution, constructed in 1871. Stay: Chifley Alice Springs Resort.
Day 10 Alice Springs (B)
Your tour concludes this morning with a transfer to the airport.
Departure dates and Prices*
Departure Dates 2013
Price per person, twin share
Price for single traveller
|July 08, 19^^||$5,395||$6,695|
|Aug 08, 20^^|
|Sep 06, 17^^|
APT Club Members save $100 per person+
*Terms and Conditions
- Prices current as at 28 December, 2012
- Prices are per person in AUD$ based on twin share
- ^^Itinerary operates in reverse
- +APT Club Member offer - if you are a past APT traveller you are eligible to receive either $100 discount per person off this tour, or, complimentary return home-to-airport private car transfers. Further conditions apply. Please ask RACQ Travel for further information or refer to the 2013 APT Kimberley Wilderness Adventures brochure
- #Accommodation is in a remote location on days 4 and 8 and facilities are basic. Solo travellers may be required to share accommodation. Wildflower season can run from July to September. Rain and sunshine influence the timing of the season. Passengers should understand that a tolerance of Outback conditions is required as well as a good level of fitness. This trip contains some longer and more challenging walks
- Prices are subject to change
- Tour offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time
- Further conditions apply please see the 2013 APT Cape York and Outback Wilderness Adventures brochure