Many Australians love to travel with their cat, dog or other pets. Before you start on your next holiday with your pet, it’s important to plan ahead.
To make sure you and your pet enjoy travelling together, before you leave for your holiday it’s a good idea to check:
- your pet is used to travelling in a vehicle
- your pet has the appropriate identification to travel
- your pet is up to date with vaccinations, worming and flea prevention
- you’ve got a pet first aid kit in case your pet has an accident or gets sick
- you’ve got the right transport restraints for your animal
Also think about when you’ll be doing most of your travelling in the car. For example, if you’re planning to drive in the heat of the day you may need to purchase cooling blankets, pads or a cooling fan.
If you’re taking a long trip, or you’re worried about unsuitable travelling conditions, consider transporting your pet by air or through a professional pet travelling company.
View this video and other RACQ videos at www.youtube.com/racqofficial