How to avoid M1 shutdown?
RACQ has urged motorists to prepare for lengthy delays southbound on the M1 after a truck explosion shutdown a stretch of the busy motorway for hours.
Motorists have been diverted from the M1 at exit 22 to try and work around the explosion site.
RACQ recommended drivers diverted onto the toll-free Logan Motorway:
- Take exit 22 from M1 towards Watland St
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit
- At the next roundabout, continue straight onto Chatswood Rd
- Turn right onto John Paul Dr
- John Paul Dr turns slightly left and becomes Winnetts Rd
- Turn right onto Loganlea Rd Overpass
- Continue onto Loganlea Rd
- Turn left onto University Dr
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto the Logan Mwy/Metroad 6 ramp to Gold Coast
- Merge onto Metroad 6 for 5.9km before entering back onto the M1.
Visit RACQ road conditions for up to date information on road closures.