Road closures after Ex-Tropical Cyclone Debbie
RACQ has warned motorists to exercise caution in the coming weeks, with dozens of roads still flooded as well as damaged across the State.
The Club’s spokesperson Renee Smith said with flood waters receding, there has been an influx of pot holes and land slips occurring.
“We’re urging everyone to be extremely careful, although the road surface may appear in tact there can be serious damage hidden to the naked eye,” Ms Smith said.
“Water can work its way through cracks in the road surface and from the shoulders of the road, compromising road foundations.
“Motorists need to exercise their patience over the next few months, severely damaged roads could take a long time to repair.”
Ms Smith said Rockhampton residents will have worse to come once floodwaters begin to recede.
“We can’t stress it enough – if it’s flooded, forget it,” she said.
The Yeppen Floodplain traffic plan has been operational since Tuesday (4 April), with both north and southbound traffic being directed over the Yeppen bridges.
As of 11.00am (Monday 10 April), the Department of Transport and Main Roads advised the following Rockhampton roads are closed:
- Sir Raymond Huish Drive, Wandal
- South Street, Depot Hill / Rockhampton City
- Jellicoe Street, Port Curtis
- Thompson Street, Park Avenue
- Tozer Street, Kawana
- Ridgelands Road, Pink Lily
- Francis Street, Depot Hill
- Ramsden Street, Wandal
- Lion Creek Road, Wandal
- South Yaamba Road, South Yaamba
- Quay Street, Rockhampton City
- Roope Road, Port Curtis
- Edenbrook Drive (Belmont Road), Parkhurst
- Wattle Street / Wattle Street (Hadgraft Street), Park Avenue
- Gough Street, Park Avenue
- Nine Mile Road, Alton Downs
- Thozet Road, Koongal
- Rustic Street, Koongal
- Dee Street, Koongal
- York Street, Kawana
- Haynes Street, Park Avenue
- Farm Street, Kawana
- Dean Street, Berserker
- Bolsover Street, Depot Hill
- Water Street, Berserker
- Reaney Street, The Common
- Caroline Street, Depot Hill
- Rodboro Street, Berserker
- D Berrys Road, Glenlee
- Burdekin Road, Nerimbera
- Lakes Creek Road, Berserker / Koongal
As of 11.00am (Monday 10 April), Department of Transport and Main Roads advised the following Rockhampton roads are flooded:
- Western Street, Wandal
- Iris Street, Yaamba
- Lake Mary Road, Greenlake / Mulara
- Belmont Road, Glendale / Parkhurst
- Etna Creek Road, Etna Creek
- Wood Street, Depot Hill
- Sleipner Road, Mount Chalmers / Nankin
- Black Creek Road, Nerimbera
- Bruce Highway, Bajool / Midgee
- Bondoola Road, Bondoola
- Neils Road, Barmaryee
For the latest road closures across Queensland please visit RACQ’s road conditions website.