Motorists warned to prepare for traffic chaos with protest back on

RACQ has urged Brisbane motorists to consider alternative routes on Saturday, with a protest planned to shut down the Story Bridge.

The Courier Mail reported a refugee activist groups had confirmed the protest would go-ahead at 12pm Saturday, despite the original protest being cancelled last week by the Supreme Court.

RACQ spokesperson Renee Smith said the protest could cause long delays throughout the city.

“If you plan to use the Story Bridge this Saturday, consider planning an alternate route now, to avoid being stuck in traffic,” Ms Smith said.

“You’ll also want to allow extra travel time, as we’ve seen with previous protests, these disruptions can cause delays across the city.”

Ms Smith said to avoid being caught out, drivers should check RACQ Road Conditions for any congestion.

“Taking a few minutes to check the traffic before you leave home, means you can decide to take a new route, leave later or catch the train to avoid the traffic chaos.”