Drivers warned of major Brisbane road closures
As thousands of cyclists prepared to hit the streets for one of Brisbane’s largest charity rides, RACQ has warned motorists to expect delays with roads set to be closed across the city.
RACQ spokesperson Lucinda Ross said the annual Brissie to Bay bike ride would see road closures between Southbank and Cleveland on Sunday.
“From early Sunday morning, some of Brisbane’s busiest roads, including Wynnum Road and Vulture Street, will be closed for the ride. We’re urging drivers to familiarise themselves with the changed traffic conditions so they’re not caught out,” Ms Ross said.
“While some roads will either be closed or have lanes reduced, in some sections, motorists and cyclists will need to share the road.
“A little bit of patience will go a long way – it’s Sunday morning after all.”
News.com.au reported Brisbane City Council advised the following road and lane closures for Sunday 17 June:
- Russell St, South Brisbane between Edmonstone St and Merivale St
- Manning St, South Brisbane between Melbourne St and Russel St.
- Edmondstone St, South Brisbane between Russell St and Besant St.
- Rickertt Rd, Ransome (eastbound lane only) between Green Camp Rd and Chelsea Rd.
- Charlotte St, Wynnum between Wynnum Esplanade and Akonna St
- Wynnum Esplanade, Wynnum between Florence St and Agnes St
- Agnes St, Wynnum between Cusack Parade and Waterloo Esplanade.
- Riverside Drive, South Brisbane between Hill End Tce and Boundary St
- Jane St, West End between Buchanan St and Riverside Drive
- Hill End Tce, West End between Montague Rd and Riverside Drive.
The following lanes will be closed:
- Right turn lane on Melbourne St, South Brisbane into Manning St between Edmondstone St and Manning St
- Cordelia St, South Brisbane between Russell St and Vulture St.
- Merivale St, South Brisbane between Peel St and Vulture St.
- Ernest St, South Brisbane (Inbound one lane only) between Vulture St and Cordelia St.
- Chandos St (full closure of East bound traffic), Wynnum between Wynnum Rd to West Avenue
- Right turn lane on Wynnum Rd, Wynnum into Chandos St between Wynnum Rd and West Avenue.
- Left turn lane on Green Camp Rd, Ransome into Rickertt Rd.
- Tilley Rd, Wakerley between Ring Rd and Old Cleveland Rd.
The following roads would experience traffic changes:
- At roundabout at Agnew St, Bennetts Rd, Waminda St.
- Berrima St at Bay Tce intersection.
- 40km Speed Reduction both directions Green Camp Rd, Manly West between Manly Rd and Ricketts Rd.
- Grassdale St, Belmont at Dairy Swamp Rd
- Wynnum Rd, Wynnum at Sandy Camp Rd.
The following road will experience changed parking conditions to ‘No Standing, Tow Away’ all day on Sunday, June 17:
- Russell St, South Brisbane, between Edmonstone St and Merivale St.