Motorists warned of Gold Coast road closures
Drivers travelling around the Gold Coast on Sunday have been urged to plan ahead, with a number of major roads closed for the Gold Coast Triathlon.
The event, which would see more than 2000 competitors participate, was set to start and finish at Mitchell Park, Southport.
RACQ spokesperson Renee Smith said drivers should be aware of changed traffic conditions.
“With some key Gold Coast thoroughfares closed on Sunday, it’s important drivers in the affected areas plan ahead and allow extra travel time,” Ms Smith said.
“We urge people to visit RACQ’s Road Conditions website for information on diversions in place.”
Gold Coast Triathlon road closures 25 February 4am-12pm:
- Bayview Street from Jennifer Avenue to Lands End Bridge
- Marine Parade from Lands End Bridge, Biggera Waters to Brisbane Road, Biggera Waters
- Gold Coast Hwy from Brisbane Road, Biggera Waters to Broad Street, Labrador
- Frank Street from Broad Street, Labrador to Loders Creek Bridge, Labrador
- Gold Coast Highway from Loders Creek Bridge, Labrador to North Street, Southport.