Are you protected on the road these Christmas holidays?
Selecting the right roadside cover to suit your lifestyle.
In 2018-19, RACQ assisted more than 820,000 Queenslanders with breakdowns and flat batteries to tyre changes and keys locked in cars.
The busiest time of year is yet to come – last December, RACQ attended more than 68,498 roadside assistance calls over the festive season.
Before hitting the road this summer, check that your covered with the right level of roadside assistance.
RACQ offers five levels of cover with a range of benefits to suit Queensland drivers:
- Roadside is suited to people that drive shorter distances and covers your car, no matter who’s driving and includes up to 50km* of towing.
- Roadside Extra is designed for Queenslanders who enjoy local day trips or weekend adventures and provides additional towing limits.
- Plus Care is for Queenslanders who explore the Sunshine State. The cover comes with increased towing, emergency fuel to get you to your nearest fuel station, an emergency locksmith and taxi and travel benefits if you’re 100km or more away from home.
- Ultra Care is for motorists with multiple vehicles (including motorbikes). Ultra Care covers motorists for breakdowns and towing in any eligible vehicle and comes with increased totals for all the benefits when travelling.
- RACQ Ultimate covers you personally in any eligible vehicle along with caravans. The cover is the highest level of Roadside Assistance available with a range of options to limit out of pocket expenses. RACQ Ultimate can assist with accommodation expenses, rental vehicles or alternative transport (economy class air, rail or coach) giving you the option to continue your travels.
Request help with the RACQ Roadside Assistance app, which can detect your exact location using your phone’s GPS and track the journey of the patrol vehicle in real time.^
* Conditions, limitations, eligibility criteria and exclusions apply. Visit racq.com/roadside for more details. Based on 2018 statistics looking at Queensland residents who have a driver’s licence and RACQ members with a Roadside Assistance policy.
^Requires device with access to mobile data connection. Tracking available for select regions only.