Hasselback potatoes with avocado dip recipe
Take your side-dish game to the next level with this easy recipe.
If you’re looking for an exciting alternative to the standard roast potatoes for your next family lunch or dinner, look no further than Hasselback potatoes with avocado dip.
This twist on the classic side dish is sure to become one of your regular recipes.
Time: 70 minutes | Serves: 8
- 4-6 large potatoes, with skins on
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 4 tbsp fresh mixed herbs, finely chopped*
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 tbsp grated cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan (optional)
- 1 large avocado
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 220OC
- Scrub and rinse the potatoes, cut into thin slices but not all the way through. You can use the handle of a wooden spoon to prevent the knife from cutting all the way
- through. Place the wooden spoon down the side of the potato and cut until you reach the wooden spoon.
- Place the potatoes into a baking dish and slightly fan out the slices. Sprinkle with salt and herbs then drizzle with butter.
- Bake potatoes in the oven for approximately 1 hour.
- If you would like to add cheese to your potatoes, remove them from the oven 10–15 minutes prior to them being done. Sprinkle cheeses over and continue to cook until lightly browned, cheese is melted and potatoes are soft inside. Check with a fork.
- Serve your Hasselback potatoes with the avocado dip alongside your favourite meal.
For the dip:
- Pit, peel, and mash the avocado with a fork. Blend in the lemon juice, along with the sour cream and onion powder, mix together well.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of A Better Choice.