Healthy salmon fish cakes with mango chutney
Summer favourite with a spicy Thai twist.
Fish cakes are a quick and easy summer favourite and a great way to entice picky eaters to enjoy seafood.
Salmon fish cakes
- 600g salmon fillet, diced
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 20g coriander, finely sliced
- 20g spring onion, sliced
- 50g long parsley, finely sliced
- 70g red onion, diced
- 10g dill
- 1 tbsp ground rice powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into 50 g balls and form into cakes.
- Heat a nonstick pan and fry fish cakes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with red capsicum sauce and mango chutney.
Red capsicum sauce
- 300g red capsicum, roasted and peeled
- 50g onion, chopped
- 10g garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Transfer the mixture to a sauce pan, simmer and stir frequently until sauce consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 200g ripe mango, diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 10g fresh ginger, chopped
- 10g green spring onion, chopped
- 5g green chili
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 10g coriander leaves
- Combine all ingredient in a saucepan simmer with low heat while stirring frequently until thick.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Recipe courtesy of Chiva-Som International Health Resort