Natural wonders of the Top End
Sponsored content: Darwin – Kakadu – Katherine
- Starting from Darwin, head onto the Arnhem Highway and check out the iconic jumping crocodile tours on the Adelaide River.
- Continue onto the World Heritage-listed, Kakadu National Park. Cruise Yellow Water billabong, hike Ubirr, take in the ancient Aboriginal rock art galleries at Burrungkuy (Nourlangie). Cool off with a dip in Maguk or the lower plunge pool at Gunlom. (4WD only)
- Make your way down to the Katherine region, home to natural hot springs such as Mataranka, Katherine Hot Springs and Bitter Springs. Stop by the Black Russian Caravan for a delicious toasted sandwich.
- Discover Nitmiluk National Park by canoe, foot or helicopter.
- From the Katherine region, heading back to Darwin on the Stuart Highway, you can stop for a stretch and swim at Litchfield National Park.
Visit northernterritory.com/drive to start your journey.
Mandatory credit: Tourism NT/Mitch Cox & Tourism Australia/Nicholas Kavo
Plan ahead visit; https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/travel/quarantine/hotspots-covid-19