Pet friendly road trip
Six top tips for taking your pet on a road trip.
Your furry family member can join you on an RV holiday.
Dogs have always been man’s best friend and what better way to travel this great country than with your furry pooch by your side.
There is no need to spend money on kennel fees because with Apollo you can take your pet with you.
Top tips for travelling with a pet:
- Just as hotels have pillow menus, pack their bedding so they feel at home (and don’t sleep on yours).
- Don’t forget to take the lead. No matter how well trained your hound is, most holiday parks and events require pooch to walk on a lead at all times.
- We know your new mobile home is exciting but restrain your fur-friend while driving. You’ll need to BYO harnesses and crates to keep pooch out of the driver’s cabin.
- Think mini bar and keep water and kibble on demand. Depending on where you go there may not always be a pet store to stock up on dog food.
- Hot cars make for hot dogs, so don’t leave them inside the campervan while you go wandering.
- Bring all the poo bags. No one likes to be caught short.
When planning a pet-friendly trip, just be mindful some holiday parks (and most national parks) are not four-leg friendly.
Use the ApolloConnect app to filter holiday parks according to their pet-friendly status. In deciding which van is for you and Fido, contact the friendly Apollo team to find out more.
RACQ members save 10% off the daily rate including Apollo special deals! www.racq.com.au/apollo