Queensland Country Women's Association Anzac biscuits
A traditional favourite recipe from Australia’s largest women’s organisation.
For more than 100 years Anzac biscuits have held a special place in the hearts of Australians.
Unlike modern recipes, the Queensland Country Women’s Association (QCWA) Anzac biscuits recipe doesn’t contain coconut, making it similar to traditional recipes dating back to 1914.
For more great recipes from the QCWA visit QCWA Country Kitchens.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 125g butter
- 1 dessertspoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarb of soda
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Melt butter and golden syrup together in a large saucepan.
- Dissolve bicarb of soda in hot water and add to butter mix.
- Fold the butter mix through the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Place a dessertspoon full of mix in your hand and combine into a round shape.
- Place on lined baking tray, leaving space for the biscuits to spread.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Marina Taylor, QCWA State Vice-President, Central Region, and member of Imbil Branch.