Enter digital MotorFest 2020 before its too late
Time is running out if you want to enter Queensland's top motoring festival (entries close 31 July). ENTER YOUR VEHICLE NOW!
Following the cancellation of MotorFest 2020 due to COVID-19, RACQ has created a new online competition to celebrate Queensland’s passion for motoring.
The new competition, which is an amalgamation of RACQ MotorFest and Top Model, allows motoring enthusiasts from across the state to register their vehicles through RACQ’s new online portal and be in contention to be judged Queensland’s best vehicle.
Exhibitors who usually register to showcase their vehicles at RACQ MotorFest or entered the Top Model competition are encouraged to enter
their vehicles at racq.com/motorfest.
Entrants will need to supply one image which meet the judging criteria (see below) and tell us about their vehicle and what makes it special in 25 words or less.
The competition is open to nine categories – American, Australian, British, Classic, European, Japanese, Motorcycle/Scooter, Veteran and Vintage.
RACQ’s panel of judges will select one category winner from each group who will receive an EFTPOS gift card valued at $100 and a vehicle sash.
One entrant will also be crowned
RACQ Judge’s Choice Winner and will win an EFTPOS gift card valued at $250, a vehicle sash and a professional photo shoot of their vehicle which will appear on a cover of The Road Ahead magazine.
RACQ Senior Events Coordinator Tamara Van Der Walt said while COVID-19 forced the physical cancellation of this year’s event, it wouldn’t stop Queenslanders showing off their vehicles.
“This is a great chance for motoring enthusiasts to partake in a little healthy competition while abiding by the Queensland Government’s social distancing guidelines,” Ms Van Der Walt said.
“Rest assured, RACQ’s largest annual event – MotorFest – will be back to normal and bigger than ever in 2021.”
Get in quick as nominations for the competition close at midnight on 31 July, 2020.
For more details and to enter your vehicle visit racq.com/motorfest.
TIPS FROM A FORMER WINNER
RACQ 2019 Top Model winner Phillip Rizzo shares five tips on how to create a winning entry:
- Experiment with different angles and different lighting.
- Choose a background which compliments the colour of your vehicle.
- Centre your vehicle in any photo and try to show multiple panels.
- If shooting in daylight make sure the sun is behind the camera and your photos are clear.
- Take multiple photos of the same shot and use the best one.
- Photo quality: Photographs must be submitted in colour and must be an accurate representation of the vehicle’s current state and condition.
- Composition and creativity: Entrants should submit one photograph in which several panels of their vehicle are shown. The vehicle should be the primary focus of the images.
- Vehicle presentation: Show us how well you care for your car or bike. To be crowned RACQ’s Judges Choice winner, your vehicle should be in pristine or original condition.
- The vehicle’s appeal: We’re looking for a showstopper – the type of car or bike that will stop us in our tracks and make the judges pause for a second, third, fourth or even fifth look.
Judging is open to nine categories: American, Australian, British, Classic, European, Japanese, Motorcycle, Veteran, Vintage.