See the big three – Alice Springs, Uluru and Kings Canyon on this trip.
Sponsored content: Red Centre Way
- Starting in Alice Springs, venture through downtown and discover Alice’s tastiest cafes, RFDS museum, Olive Pink Botanic Gardens and the Megafauna Museum.
- Heading west, you will venture through Tjoritja/West MacDonnell National Park. Visit outback waterholes such as Simpsons Gap, Standley Chasm, Ormiston Gorge and Glen Helen Gorge.
- Heading south-west will take you towards Kings Canyon in Watarrka National Park. Stay the night at one of the accommodation options or stretch your legs on the rim walk.
- Journeying on you’ll soon start to see salt pans. Stop at Curtin Springs Station. Take a paper tour or walk across the salt lake. In the distance you’ll be able to see Mount Conner.
- Arriving at Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park allow yourself plenty of time to watch the changing colours of the Uluru and Kata Tjuta. If you choose to camp or stay in the resort accommodation, there are plenty of options and cultural activities to explore. Whenever you feel like it, make your way back to Alice Springs and then you’ve done the Red Centre Way.
Visit northernterritory.com/drive to start your journey.
Mandatory credit: Tourism NT/Kyle Hunter & Tourism NT/Jordan Hammond & Tourism NT/Matt Cherubino
Plan ahead visit; https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/travel/quarantine/hotspots-covid-19