Roast veggie Buddha bowl recipe
Get your five a day with this vegetarian recipe.
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just trying to include more veggies in diet, you’ll enjoy this easy and healthy roast veggie Buddha bowl.
Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 2
- 4 small potatoes, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (or rice)
- ½ medium avocado, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 190oC. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- On the first baking tray, add the potato, sweet potato and carrots. Drizzle with half of the oil, paprika and sea salt. Toss to combine. Bake for a total of 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- On the second baking tray, add the cabbage, red capsicum and broccolini. Drizzle with the remaining oil, paprika and sea salt. Toss to combine.
- Once the potatoes and carrots have been cooking for 10 minutes, add the second tray to the oven and bake for around 15-20 minutes.
To serve, place cooked quinoa in two bowls and divide the vegetables evenly. Garnish with avocado and season with a dressing of your choice and sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of A Better Choice.