Savoury zucchini muffins recipe
These kid-friendly healthy muffins are perfect for the school lunchbox.
School lunches can be a headache but batch cooking and freezing these delicious, healthy savoury muffins can save you time in the morning rush.
Just take them out of the freezer the night to defrost in the fridge, pop them in the school lunchboxes, and go.
Time: 30minutes | Serves: 12
- 1 ½ cup zucchini, grated
- 1 cup plain wholemeal flour
- ½ cup spelt flour
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- ½ cup yogurt, plain
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dill, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Arrange the grated zucchini in the middle of a clean tea-towel or cheese cloth. Gather the corners of towel to enclose zucchini and squeeze to remove excess liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, flours, cheese, baking powder, soda, pepper and salt; set aside.
- Combine and whisk together yogurt, eggs, honey, oil and finely chopped herbs.
- Add the beaten wet mixture to flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Lightly spray a large 12 muffin-pan’s cups with cooking spray. Fill each about 2/3 full. Bake on centre rack for 20 minutes, or toothpick comes out dry.
- Set tray on wire rack and cool slightly. Invert muffins on the wire rack and let cool.
Recipe courtesy of A Better Choice.