Sunshine Coast Asian Food Festival
Be blown away by a mix of Asian flavours.
The Sunshine Coast Asian Food Festival will celebrate its third anniversary on 22 February from 1pm-6pm.
Held at the picturesque Spicers Tamarind resort at Maleny, in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, the festival is the perfect occasion to gather friends and family for an afternoon of vibrant Asian street food and local beverages.
Head Chef Daniel Jarrett will oversee the afternoon of culinary delights with various food stalls each offering their own unique dishes.
Despite being French-trained, Mr Jarrett won a One Chef Hat award in 2018 and the 2020 Australian Food Guide award for his Asian fusion take on Thai flavours.
Menu items for the Sunshine Coast Asian Food Festival include:
- Chinese bao bun: Xinjiang-style lamb, mustard green mayo, steamed bao bun.
- Asian-style pork taco: Soft tortilla, char sui marinated slow-braised pork, apple hoisin, coriander and cabbage slaw.
- Pad Thai chicken wings: Deep-fried chicken wings, roast peanut pad Thai sauce.
- Tuna rice bowl: Sushi rice, tuna, wakame, miso ranch dressing, furikake, pickled ginger.
- Asian-inspired gelato/sorbet by Maleny Food Co.
Guests can quench their thirst with local Brouhaha beer and tipples from Noosa’s Fortune Distillery including inspired gin and vodka creations. Or sip on Italian grape varietal wines by family-owned Dal Zotto Winery based in Victoria’s northeast King Valley.
There will also be a Riesling Masterclass hosted by Spicers Group’s wine guru, awarded sommelier, and General Manager of Clovelly Estate, Peter Marchant.
For those looking to relax, there’s the option to bring your own blanket and sit on the slopes of the grassed Tamarind amphitheatre and listen to singer Dan McGarhan and his band.
2020 marks the first time the event is 100% waste-free, meaning no water bottles, plastic bags, cutlery or straws will be available. Attendees are urged to bring their own keep cup for coffee and a reusable water bottle. Bottles and cans will be recycled through the Containers for Change program which will see the funds reinvested into local Scouts programs.
- Where: Spicers Tamarind Retreat, 88 Obi Lane South, Maleny, Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
- When: 1pm- 6pm, Saturday 22 February.
- Festival Ticket PP: Adults $99; Children $65 – Includes five food tickets (one for each of the five food stalls) and two beverage tickets (six beverages on offer from three stalls). *Note – Additional food and drinks will be available for purchase on the day.
- Masterclass Ticket PP: Includes Festival Ticket offers and Riesling Masterclass $145.