The Sunshine Coast Asian Food Festival returns
Foodies can feast on Asian cuisine at Spicers Tamarind Retreat.
The Sunshine Coast Asian Food Festival will be held at Spicers Tamarind Retreat for the second consecutive year on Saturday, 16 February.
Under the inspired direction of Spicers Tamarind Retreat’s Head Chef Dan Jarrett, the event is expected to attract close to 400 foodies from across the state.
“Our intimate and highly-acclaimed Tamarind Restaurant is known for its exquisite cuisine and exotic flavours of the Far East, therefore we wanted to create a more relaxed outdoor event that would appeal to everyone,” Mr Jarrett said.
“An Asian Food Festival which showcases street food, tempting beverages, cooking demonstrations by our own chefs in Tamarind’s Cooking School, Riesling masterclass by our Spicers Group Sommelier Peter Marchant, cool music and much more.”
Mr Jarrett, who was awarded one Chef Hat in the 2018 National Good Food Guide, said the venue offered an Asian-influenced oasis with a grassed amphitheatre, accommodation for those who choose to stay and new menu for guests to try.
“We encourage guests to bring their own picnic blankets, cushions and hats,” Mr Jarrett said.
“Guests are also welcome to wander through the rainforest to discover unusual species of plant and the local wildlife.”
2019 Asian Food Festival menu includes:
- Peking duck spring rolls with chilli relish mayo.
- Southern red curry with grilled chicken and jasmine rice.
- Prawn, cabbage and soba noodle salad with miso, sesame and yuzu dressing.
- Steamed Chinese bao, slow braised pork, pickled cucumber, peanut hoisin.
- Maleny Food Co sorbet and gelato.
- The bars will also feature new premium wines and cocktails.
Spicers Tamarind Retreat
88 Obi Lane South, Maleny
Sunshine Coast Hinterland, QLD 4552
1pm - 6pm
Saturday, 16 February 2019.
Festival Ticket PP
- Adults $99.
- Children $65.
- Five Food Tickets - one for each of the five food stalls.
- Two Beverage Tickets – six beverages on offer from three stalls.
- Masterclass Ticket: Includes Festival Ticket offers and Riesling Masterclass $145.