Top model terms and conditions
RACQ Top Model Competition
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
- Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
- The competition is open to residents of Queensland aged 16 years and over. The Top Model winner must be an RACQ member at the time the competition is drawn.
- Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter, related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition.The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The competition commences at 9am on 4th March 2019 and closes at 5pm on 31 May 2019 (Promotion Period).
- To enter the competition, an eligible entrant must complete the details below on the online entry form during the Promotional Period (add in online entry form)
- Fill in their first name, last name, email address, phone number, suburb;
- Select one of the six categories (American, Asian, Australian, British, European and Motorcycles) which best describes their vehicle;
- Fill in the year, make and model of the vehicle;
- Attach a photograph of their vehicle;
- Write approximately 250 characters telling us why their vehicle should be RACQ’s Top Model;
- Tick the box agreeing to the competition’s Terms and Conditions.
- Tick the box opting to subscribe to RACQ Living’s Motoring and Road Trip eNewsletters
Photos must reflect the current condition and state of the vehicle. Entrants may only enter using a photo of a vehicle which they are the owner of, or responsible for and have the express authority from the owner to upload a photo of it. Limit of one entry per vehicle. Any subsequent entries for the same vehicle after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. RACQ reserves the rights to delete any entries which do not meet the entry requirements.
Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 7 have been met and not at the time of submission by the eligible entrant. All entries will be approved and published during business hours (8.30am-5pm Monday -Friday). Entries will not appear on the website until they have been approved by the Promoter.
- All entrants consent to their submitted materials and details being used by the Promoter. All materials submitted by an entrant (including photographs) become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may use the materials submitted for any purpose without attribution, and entrants will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- It is a condition of entry that eligible entrants consent to receive marketing communications from the Promoter and its related companies that use the RACQ brand, and do not opt out during the entry period.
- Judging will take place at 9am on Monday 3rd June 2019 by RACQ’s panel of judges at RACQ HOUSE, 60 Edward Street, Brisbane 4000. Times quoted are local times.
- The judges will select one Category Winner from each of the categories (American, Asian, Australian, British, European and Motorcycles) who will each receive a Hema Navigator HX-1 and 4WD Map App valued at $798 (inclusive of GST) and a CRC car care bundle (including Glo Wash, Liquid Polishing Wax, One Step Tyre Care, Glass Cleaner, Interior Protectant, Interior Cleaner, Kitten Cap, 556 Aerosol, Brakleen Aerosol and MAF twin pack) valued at $120 (inclusive of GST) and free registration to RACQ MotorFest 2019 (“Category Prize”).
- One of these Category Winners will be crowned as RACQ’s Top Model by RACQ’s panel of judges. This winner must be an RACQ member at the time the competition is drawn to receive the below prize package;
- The Category Prize;
- The ultimate RACQ Automotive Services package (including Window tint valued up to $350; One scratch and dent repair up to $495; One battery valued up to $350; One battery charger retail value of $125; One free fuel assist extraction valued at $595; Four tyres and wheel alignment valued up to $1100. Total package valued at $3015 (inclusive of GST.)
- Professional photoshoot of their vehicle;
- Cover of a 2019/2020 The Road Ahead magazine.
- The entrant with the most number of public votes during the Promotional Period will be crowned as the People’s Choice Champion and will receive a:
- Hema Navigator HX-1 and 4WD Map App valued at $798 (inclusive of GST);
- CRC car care bundle (including Glo Wash, Liquid Polishing Wax, One Step Tyre Care, Glass Cleaner, Interior Protectant, Interior Cleaner, Kitten Cap, 556 Aerosol, Brakleen Aerosol and MAF twin pack) (inclusive of GST) and free registration to RACQ MotorFest 2019;
- $100 Eftpos gift card.
There are 7 winners in total and the total prize pool is valued at $9541 (inclusive of GST).
Prize components may alter at the discretion of the Promoter. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
- The winners will be notified by phone on Monday 10 June 2019 by RACQ Publishing at RACQ HOUSE, 60 Edward Street, Brisbane 4000. Winners will be contacted using the phone number provided by the winner when they entered the competition. The prize details will be sent by email to the winner to the email address provided by the winner when they entered the competition.
- If a winner is unable to be contacted by 9am on Monday 17 June 2019 the judges will announce a new winner. In the event that a new winner is to be announced, the judges will meet again and decide on the redraw winner at 3pm on Monday 17th June 2019. The new winner will be notified by phone using the phone number provided by the winner when they entered the competition.
- The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- The prize winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize.The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize.
- In participating in the prize activity, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed.The winner agrees to grant the Promoter and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.The winner agrees that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter and its related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a prize winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
- The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed.If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
- Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
- The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
- If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize.This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
- The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.