Upcoming Hollywood blockbusters
The new movie releases you need to schedule into your calendar.
Cancel your plans and get ready for the new wave of Hollywood blockbusters. We’ve put together a release calendar of films you need to keep on your radar from February – April 2020.
Based on the renowned novel of the same name by Jane Austen, Emma is a British comedy-drama about a clever and rich queen bee who must navigate life in her sleepy little town. The film is a satire of social class and the pain of growing up.
- Release date: 13 February, 2020
- Director: Autumn de Wilde
- Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Bill Nighy, Rupert Graves
The Call of the Wild
Adapted from the literary classic of the same name. The Call of the Wild tells the story of Buck, a dog whose life of domestic bliss is forever changed when he is uprooted from his California home and transported to the Alaskan Yukon during the 1890s.
- Release date: February 20, 2020
- Director: Chris Sanders
- Cast: Harrison Ford, Karen Gillan, Dan Stevens
The Professor and the Madman
The true story of the two men who created history by writing the Oxford English Dictionary. The compilation of the dictionary first began in 1857 and was widely regarded as one of the most ambitious projects ever undertaken.
- Release date: February 20, 2020
- Director: P.B. Shemran
- Cast: Mel Gibson, Sean Penn, Natalie Dormer
The Way Back
A widowed, alcoholic former basketball star attempts a comeback at his former high school by coaching their ethnically mixed basketball team. As the team starts to come together, Jack Cunningham (Ben Affleck) must overcome his personal demons.
- Release date: March 5, 2020
- Director: Gavin O'Connor
- Cast: Ben Affleck, Janina Gavankar, T.K. Carter
A Quiet Place: Part II
Following the violent events of the first film, the Abbot family are forced to flee their home and face the terrors of the outside world. Forced to survive, the Abbot’s discover the alien creatures are not the only things hunting them.
- Release date: March 19, 2020
- Director: John Krasinski
- Cast: Emily Blunt, Cillian Murphy, Millicent Simmonds
Mulan is the latest film in Disney’s long line of live-action remakes. Retelling the story of the beloved 1998 animated adventure, Mulan follows Hua Mulan, the eldest daughter of an honoured warrior, who disguises herself as a man to serve in the Imperial Army.
- Release date: March 26, 2020
- Director: Niki Caro
- Cast: Yifei Liu, Donnie Yen, Jason Scott Lee
No Time to Die
The latest 007 film has James Bond’s leave from active service cut short when the CIA asks for help. Out of retirement, Bond must attempt to rescue a kidnapped scientist, but he finds himself pitted against a mysterious new foe armed with dangerous technology.
- Release date: April 8, 2020
- Director: Cary Joji Fukunaga
- Cast: Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Ana de Arma
The New Mutants
A horror-thriller set in the X-Men universe where a group of young mutants are held against their will for psychiatric testing. When strange occurrences begin, the mutants must band together to make it out alive.
- Release date: April 9, 2020
- Director: Josh Boone
- Cast: Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Heaton
Scarlett Johannsson reprises her role as Natasha Romanoff, the ‘Black Widow’, in Marvel's first film in Phase Four of their Cinematic Universe. The film follows Romanoff’s adventures between Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War.
- Release date: April 30, 2020
- Director: Cate Shortland
- Cast: David Harbour, Florence Pugh, Scarlett Johansson