RACV Queensland Resorts Competition
Terms and Conditions1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to residents of Queensland aged 18 years and over who are current RACQ members at the time the competition is drawn.
4. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter, related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
6. The competition commences at 9am 3 August, 2020 and closes at 5pm 30 September, 2020. (Promotion Period).
7. To enter the competition, eligible entrants are required to write their name, address and RACQ membership number on the back of an envelope and post to RACV QUEENSLAND RESORTS COMPETITION, PO BOX 527, Spring Hill, QLD, 4004; or fill in the online entry form at www.racq.com/racvqldresorts.
8. Only one entry per entrant is permitted and only one prize will be awarded to the winner.
9. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
10. For the first stage elimination round of the draw, 30 entries will be selected at random from the total entries received via the two methods of entry (mail and online). These 30 shortlisted entries will be taken in proportion to the total number of entries received via all three methods of entry. The 30 shortlisted entries will then go into the final draw from which one overall winner will be selected at random.
11. The first stage elimination round of the competition will be drawn by a RACQ representative at 3pm 1 October, 2020 at RACQ House, 60 Edward Street, Brisbane.
12. The final draw of the competition will be drawn by a RACQ representative at RACQ House, 60 Edward Street, Brisbane on 5 October, 2020 at 3pm. The winner will be drawn at random from the 10 entries drawn during the first stage elimination round.
13. Times quoted are local times.
14. There are five winners in this competition who will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received in accordance with paragraphs 10 to 12. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Each winner will receive:
• A three-night stay in a two-bedroom apartment at RACV Noosa Resort for up to four people with buffet breakfast, $100 resort credit, WiFi, two $20 spa vouchers and a bottle of wine on arrival.
• A two-night stay at RACV Royal Pines Resort for up to two people with breakfast, $50 resort credit, two $20 spa vouchers and a bottle of wine on arrival.
• Two 18-hole rounds of golf at RACV Royal Pines Golf Course with motorised golf cart and burger meal.
• A revive spa package for two including two 30-minute treatments per person, valid at One Spa RACV Royal Pines Resort or RACV Noosa Resort.
The prize is valued at $1911.
The total prize value is $9555 (inclusive of GST).
Prize components may alter at the discretion of the Promoter. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter. Any alterations to travel plans may incur a rebooking fee. Food, beverages, and incidental expenses will be at the expense of the winner unless otherwise stated. Flights or travel expenses not listed above will be at the expense of the winner.
16. The prize is valid for 12 months after the competition draw date. Prize components will be booked by RACV staff.
17. The winner will be notified by telephone using the telephone number provided by winner when they entered the competition. The prize will be posted to the winner to the address provided by the winner when they are contacted by RACQ staff.
18. If the winner is unable to be contacted within two weeks of the draw, a redraw will occur. In the event that a redraw is required, it will be held at 3pm 19 October, 2020 by RACQ Publishing at RACQ House and the redraw winner will be notified by telephone using the telephone number provided by winner when they entered the competition.
19. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
20. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is not permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian.
21. Should the winner change their nominated travel dates after booking, the winner shall be responsible for any additional costs or fees associated with the change of their nominated travel dates. All costs associated with the prize which are not specified to be included in the prize, including but not limited to any transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs, are the responsibility of the winner and their companion/s. The winner and any travelling companion/s are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel insurance and documents to travel to the relevant place (including a current passport and visas, if required). The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a result (including without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
22. All components of the prize must be taken together or otherwise are deemed to be forfeited. Travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and cannot be taken during Australian school holiday periods, public holidays or long weekends.
24. The prize winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize.
25. In participating in the prize activity, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner agrees that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
26. Entrants consent to the Promoter and its related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a prize winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
27. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed. If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
28. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
29. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
30. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
31. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
32. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
33. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.
34. Prize vouchers may only be redeemed once and not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. The Prize is not redeemable for cash and not transferable to another property. Voucher redemption dates are subject to availability and not available for use in black-out periods. Upgrades, incidentals and extra person surcharges are the responsibility of the voucher holder. Cancellations or amendments to booking made within 24 hours of arrival may incur a forfeit of the prize. A credit card security bond will be required on arrival.