Mobility Centre - COVID-19 Message to our valued customers
RACQ - Mobility Centre Update in response to COVID-19 – effective Monday, 1 June 2020
RACQ are committed to supporting safety and wellbeing at all times across the Centre, whilst also supporting Hirer programmes, research and development activities in accordance with Government health and safety advice.
Importantly, the health of our Centre team, hirers, participants, customers and wider community members are our primary concern. RACQ has implemented numerous measures aligned to the Chief Medical Officer’s public health requirements, which we require you to consider and implement against your proposed Hirer activities.
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 requirements from the Federal and State Government to ensure we adhere to health and safety requirements and where necessary modify established processes and/or procedures.
RACQ has reviewed and considered the Government public health directions and aligned to the wider RACQ COVID Safe Plan, the Centre will be reopening for Hirer activities from 1 June 2020, per outlined restrictions.
RACQ has implemented the below measures:
- Hygienically cleaning - increased frequency across the Centre
- Hand sanitising stations in areas that have high traffic flows or high touchpoints
- Introducing a one person per vehicle rule, pending Hirer programmes
- Social distancing markers across the Centre
- Imposing limits on the maximum number of people (Hirer staff & participants) that may utilise the Centre’s facilities per the staged Government restriction guidelines
- Requires all Hirers to ensure COVID-19 related risks and control measures are included in their Hirer Risk Management Plans
- Improved sign in/out procedures (located at the Administration building)
- Reduced physical contact and adherence to social distancing rules
- Enhanced COVID-19 protocols to ensure all appropriate measures are in place, with respect to social distancing, hygienically cleaning, communal facilities and Centre gatherings
- Updates to the Hirer Code of Conduct - reflect COVID-19 requirements
- Recognition and adherence to Government restrictions
- Flexible Centre hiring schedule and booking times will be considered by Centre Management
RACQ requests all Hirer activities adhere to the below minimum requirements whilst at the Centre:
- Stay home if you’re unwell and seek medical advice
- One person per vehicle, where an instructor/passenger is required under a Hirer’s programme they are to be positioned in the back seat of the vehicle
- Maintain social distancing between participants – minimum 1.5m apart
- Encourage participants and Hirer personnel to regularly and thoroughly wash hands with soap or use hand sanitiser (see local method signs)
- Cough and sneeze into a clean tissue or your elbow and away from others
- Dispose of used tissues, gloves or cleaning materials appropriately
- Minimise face to face interactions where possible and make use of video conferencing/technology where possible. Wear disposable gloves when handling any Centre shared equipment e.g. fuel pumps, pressure washer, training area equipment and other materials