Join RACQ and help make an immediate impact in the lives of women with breast cancer.
Brisbane’s biggest celebration of women, the RACQ International Women's Day Fun Run brings together all ages, backgrounds and fitness levels to support women affected by breast cancer.
Our runners and walkers will set out over a picturesque 5 OR 10km loop alongside the Brisbane River on Sunday 4 March 2018. Participants are encouraged to fundraise as part of their participation to support Mater Chicks in Pink. Last year over $500,000 was raised for women with breast cancer. Join RACQ to help fundraise even more in 2018. Plus, earn all 5 fundraising badges and you could go in the draw to win a $1,500 Oaks accommodation voucher to celebrate all your hard work.
Register now Donate now
To kick start your fundraising, we’ve provided our top 10 fundraising ideas. Plus, to get you ready for event day, check out our top 10 running tracks and fitness tips:
Top 10 running tracks to get your heart pumping
- Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
- Stronger by Kanye West
- Warrior’s dance by The Prodigy
- Sweet disposition by The Temper Trap
- Express yourself by Madonna
- Pump it by Black Eyed Peas
- Who run the world Girls by Beyoncé
- Lose your breath by Destiny’s Child
- Stronger by Kelly Clarkson
- Shake it Off by Taylor Swift
Top 10 fitness tips
- Stretch! Make sure your correctly stretch before and after your workout
- Join a free parkrun in your local area. These weekly 5km runs will help you improve your running. Plus running with other people keeps you motivated! Find your closest parkrun at parkrun.com.au
- Find a buddy. It will keep you motivated having a friend train with, even if it is for the social catch up
- Enlist your furry friend. No one is more on board with your fitness goals than your furry best friend
- Download a running app to keep motivated, record your runs and track your progress
- Have rest days
- Set a playlist – we’ve got 10 tracks to start you off with
- Mix up the scenery – run outside, at the gym, at the beach
- Drink water, keep hydrated
- Celebrate – give yourself a mental high-five every time you get moving! Celebrate your achievements big and small
Top 10 fundraising ideas
- Make your Fundraising page shine!
Make it personal - let people know what inspired you to fundraise, in turn you will inspire them. Add photos, inspirational quotes and videos – make it pop
- Set a fundraising target
Set yourself an overall fundraising goal – don’t set the target to low! You will be surprised how many willing supporters will dig deep in support of you
- Get social
Share your fundraising page link with your friends on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and get the message out there – you never know who might sponsor you (Kim Kardashian?)
- Did someone say cupcakes?
Have you ever come across someone who says no to cupcakes? Why don’t you whip up a quick batch and sell them at the office the next day? They will fly off your desk before you can say ‘morning tea time!’
- Everyone loves a meat tray… or bottle of wine… or chocolates
A good old raffle, it’s so easy and so successful. You can ask a local business if they would like to support you and donate a prize such as a meat tray. Or you can pop to the shops and grab a few things yourself. Package them up and boom – raffle prize sorted.
Let your colleagues know or take the tickets down to your local Wednesday night touch game. $2 a ticket adds up fast
- Get your company on board!
Get your company behind your fundraising efforts and ask if they are willing to include something about you on their website, intranet or in the company newsletter. It’s also worth finding out if your company has a donation-matching scheme where they will match the amount of money an employee raises. This is a great way for companies to participate in charitable events and fundraising
- You can beat the heat and fundraise at the same time
Host a car wash in your own neighbourhood and invite your neighbours to bring their car down to be washed for a small fee! Grab your kids, grab the hose, grab some sponges and get washing
- Take advantage of the 3pm sugar craving
Create your own fundraising chocolate box. Fill it with Freddos and other favourites and take it to work. Let you colleagues know it’s there and wait for the 3pm rush
- Give it up
To demonstrate how the smallest donation can make a difference, ask your friends & colleagues to give up a daily coffee or soft drink and donate the money to your fundraising
- Say thank you
Make sure you thank all your supporters and tell them how much their support means to you. Include an update of your fundraising efforts to date and let them know the impact you have made together
Terms and Conditions - RACQ International Women’s Day Fun Run 2018
Read the Terms and Conditions for the: