Staffroom for Improvement 2018
1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to all Queensland Primary and Secondary Schools as listed on Education Queensland’s website under the ‘Directories’ tab by clicking on ‘Schools Directory’ as at 16 July 2018. Distance education schools are excluded from the competition.
4. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter, related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to participate.
5. Previous winners of the $20,000 Staffroom for Improvement prize (operated under QT Mutual Bank brand) are not eligible to win. If entries are submitted for the following schools they will be published, but excluded from the random prize draws; Park Ridge State School, Goombungee State School, Windsor State School, St Mary's School (Beaudesert), Marsden State School, Mary Immaculate Primary School (Annerley), Gympie Special School.
6. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any participant who the Promoter has reason to believe breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. The competition commences at 10am on 1 August 2018 and closes at 3pm 3 September 2018 (Promotion Period).
8. Participants may enter this competition on behalf of the school by completing a ‘thank you’ note in the provided fields on racq.com/staffroom along with an entry form listing their full name, email address, phone number and the name of the school that the note is attributed to. The entry must be completed during the Promotion Period. Entry is open to all participants.
9. Physical entries that cannot be submitted online should be directed to RACQ Marketing, 60 Edward Street, Brisbane Qld 4000. The entry should include the thank you note, participant’s full name, email address and phone number and the name of the school that the note is attributed to. By submitting a physical entry by mail, the participant accepts the terms and conditions of the competition. Physical entries will be entered into the competition if received by 3pm 3 September 2018.
10. All participants consent to the Promoter using the materials and details submitted, including publishing the ‘thank you’ note and school name on the Promoter's website. All materials submitted by a participant become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may use the materials submitted for any purpose without attribution, and participants will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
11. Only one entry per participant is permitted and only one major prize will be awarded.
12. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
13. The competition will be drawn on 5 September 2018 at 10am at RACQ House, 60 Edward Street, Brisbane Qld 4000. The draw will be conducted by a representative of the RACQ Marketing department.
14. Times quoted are local times.
15. There will be one major and three runner-up prizes. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The major prize of $20,000 (inclusive of GST) cash will be received by one winning school, chosen at random. Two-runner up prizes of $1,000 eftpos gift cards will be chosen at random for two schools. A third runner-up prize of a $1,000 eftpos gift card will be awarded to the school with the most thank you notes submitted during the Promotion Period.
17. Prize components, including without limitation model and colour, may alter at the discretion of the Promoter. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
18. The winning schools (major prize and runner-up prizes) will be notified by telephone. A call will be made to the school administration on 5 September 2018 by a representative of the RACQ Marketing department.
19. If the winners are unable to be contacted within two weeks of the draw, a redraw will occur. In the event that a redraw is required, it will be held at 10am on 19 September 2018 by a representative of the RACQ Marketing department. The winning schools (major prize and runner-up prizes) will be notified by telephone with a call made to the school administration.
20. Each winning school agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions upon acceptance of a prize.
21. The major prize will be transferred to the winning school within 30 days of the competition draw. It is a condition of entry that these funds will be used to fitout a staffroom only, with before and after photos to be taken by RACQ for promotional purposes. The winning school must organise and purchase all labour, goods and anything else necessary to complete the staffroom makeover.
22. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and the runner up prizes are not redeemable for cash.
24. The prize winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize.
25. The participants and the winners agree to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. The participants and the winners agree to grant the Promoter and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner agrees that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
26. The winners, and the participants in the event that their school is a winner, consent to the Promoter and its related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
27. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed. If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
28. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
29. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
30. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
31. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
32. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
33. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.