As a not-for-profit bank, we’re focused on you. We put our customers, not shareholders, first. And that’s something we’re proud of. We meet the same regulatory standards as banks and are prudent and strong financial service providers.
Working closely with the Customer Owned Banking Association, the governing body of Australian credit unions and building societies, we’ve helped develop the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.
What is the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice?
The Code is an important public statement of the value we place on improving the financial wellbeing of our customers.
It reinforces our commitment to:
- The benefits of mutuality
- Community involvement
- Fairer fees, and
- Customer service.
How does it affect you?
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is how we deliver on our guarantee to serve our customers first. Our 10 key promises to you outline how we do this.
Our 10 key promises to you
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you.
- We will focus on our customers.
- We will give you clear information about our products and services.
- We will be responsible lenders.
- We will deliver high customer service and standards.
- We will deal fairly with any complaints.
- We will recognise customer rights as owners.
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations.
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community.
- We will support and promote this Code of Practice.
How can I obtain a copy of the Code?
You can get a copy of the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice by:
- Visiting your local RACQ Bank branch;
- Phoning our 24/7 Queensland-based call centre on 13 1905; or
- Downloading it here.