1. This competition is a promotion run by Members Banking Group Limited ABN 83 087 651 054 (“Promoter”)
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to residents of Queensland aged 18 years or over.
4. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter, related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
6. The competition commences at 8am 31 January 2022 and closes at 11:59am 3 February 2022 (Promotion Period).
7. Eligible entrants may enter this competition by commenting on the Sustainability Competition Post published on the RACQ Bank Facebook page on 31 January 2022 with what they are doing to be more sustainable this year. Comments of a positive nature which can be as little as a couple of words up to a paragraph of text will be counted as entrants.
8. Only one entry per person will be counted. Only one prize will be awarded to each winner.
9. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
Prizes and prize winner
10. The winners will be drawn by an RACQ representative at RACQ House Edward Street (or designated location pending COVID-19 restrictions) by 12pm on 4 February 2022
11. Times quoted are local times.
12. There will be 5 winners in this competition who will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The 5 winners will each receive a $50 Virtual Mastercard e-gift card. The total prize pool value is $250 (inclusive of GST). Prize components, including without limitation model and colour, may alter at the discretion of the Promoter. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
14. The winner will be notified on the competition post on Facebook. The prize will be sent to the winner once the winner has contacted us with their email address.
15. If the winner is unable to be contacted within 5 business days of the draw, a redraw will occur. In the event that a redraw is required, it will be held by an RACQ representative at RACQ House Edward Street (or designated location pending COVID-19 restrictions) at 12pm 11 February and the redraw winner will be notified via private message on Facebook if possible, if not, via the competition post.
16. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
17. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed. If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 16 years (where entry by persons under 16 is not permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian.
19. The prize winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize.
20. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
21. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
22. RACQ is not responsible for any tips or information that entrants submit underneath the Facebook post, this includes misinformation. RACQ will however monitor the conversations and correct misinformation where it is appropriate but cannot be held reasonably at fault if something remains on the page.
23. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
24. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
25. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
26. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.
The information in this article has been prepared for general information purposes only and is not intended as legal advice or specific advice to any particular person. Any advice contained in the document is general advice, not intended as legal advice or professional advice and does not take into account any person’s particular circumstances. Before acting on anything based on this advice you should consider its appropriateness to you, having regard to your objectives and needs.