Understanding the process
When it comes to refinancing, there are a number of things worth considering – to put yourself in the best financial position. Here’s a a list we’ve put together to give you some guidance, and to make sure everything goes smoothly.
- Ask yourself why you’re refinancing – are you looking for better rates, lower fees or something else?
- Compare loans – remember to look beyond the interest rates, and find out about any extra fees or charges that may apply.
- Work out your borrowing power – even though you think you know how much you need, it’s always worth working out how much you’re likely to be lent (see step 2 below).
- Apply for the loan – once you’ve worked out the best loan for you, apply usually by starting the application process online. Download the home loan application checklist and then talk to a lending specialist.
- Sign the loan contract – and we'll take care of paying out the old loan for you.