On road costs

Before you drive away in your new vehicle, there are some legislated 'on road’ costs you should be aware of. 


If you live in, and drive in Queensland your vehicle must be registered with the Department of Transport and Main Roads

Vehicle registration duty 

You may have to pay vehicle registration duty (previously stamp duty) when transferring registration or applying for new registration.

Transfer fees

A transfer fee applies when you transfer the registration of a used vehicle into your name. Find out how to transfer a registration

Number Plate fees

A fee applies to new vehicles to cover the cost of number plates. It also applies for the replacement of damaged or deteriorated plates.

Also check out: