1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to residents of Queensland. Employees directly involved in the administration of the competition, including collating entries, checking eligibility, and drawing winners, are ineligible to enter the competition draw.
4. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
5. The competition commences at midnight May 5th 2017 and closes at midnight June 30th 2017 (Promotion Period).
6. Eligible entrants may enter this competition by completing the Bridging Brisbane online survey fully and are required to enter their full and correct name and telephone number in order to be entered into the draw. Entries must be received by midnight Friday 30th of June 2017.
7. Only one entry per entrant is permitted and only one prize will be awarded to the winner.
8. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
9. There are two draws in this competition. The first draw of the competition will be drawn at 10am on May 30, 2017 and the second draw of the competition will be drawn at 10am on the 6th of July. Both draws will take place in the Public Policy Department in the RACQ office at 60 Edward Street, Brisbane, Queensland.
10. Times quoted are local times.
11. There will be two winners in this competition who will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Each winner will receive one of two EFTPOS gift cards, each valued at AU$500.00 (inclusive of GST). The total prize pool value is $1,000 (inclusive of GST).
13. The winner will be notified by telephone using the telephone number provided by the winner when they entered the competition. The prize will be posted to the winner to the address provided by the winner when they are contacted by RACQ staff.
14. If the winner is unable to be contacted within two weeks of the draw, a redraw will occur. In the event that a redraw is required, it will be held at 10 am, 20th of July 2017, in the Public Policy Department in the RACQ office at 60 Edward Street, Brisbane Queensland and the redraw winner will be notified by telephone using the telephone number provided by winner when they entered the competition.
15. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
16. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is not permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian.
18. The prize winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize.
19. The winner agrees that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
20. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed. If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
21. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
22. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
23. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
24. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
25. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
26. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.