Infrastructure and Safety Priority Projects
RACQ uses a range of evidence to prioritise and lobby for priority road, public transport, and active transport projects and upgrades, including:
- Traffic, safety and performance data, including the Australian Road Assessment Program (AusRAP)
- Member input and surveys
- Community feedback and reports
RACQ lobbies for the following priority projects to improve the safety and efficiency of Queensland’s transport network.
- Pacific Motorway – complete six lanes and interchange upgrades between Varsity Lakes and Tugun
- Pacific Motorway – upgrade to eight lanes from Gateway Motorway to Loganholme, to improve safety and capacity
- Bruce Highway – accelerate the Bruce Highway Upgrade Program and partner with the Federal Government to deliver the Bruce Highway Trust
- Develop north-south inland alternative route to the Bruce Highway – complete dual lane deal, widening, safety and flood improvements along Gregory and Kennedy Development Roads and Gregory Burnett, D’Aguilar and Kennedy highways
- Mount Lindesay Highway 10 year strategic plan e.g. safety works package including duplication of Mt Lindesay Highway to Beaudesert
- Coomera Connector - develop the Coomera Connector from Logan Motorway to Nerang-Broadbeach Road as a multi-modal corridor to relieve pressure on the M1
Public Transport and Rail
- Beerburrum to Nambour rail upgrade project – funding and accelerate project delivery
- Gold Coast light rail – extend the light rail to Coolangatta and the airport
- Brisbane rail level crossing upgrade program: Boundary Road (Coopers Plains), South Pine Road (Alderley), Cavendish Road (Coorparoo), Warrigal Road (Runcorn), Kianawah Road/Lindum Road (Wynnum West), Beams Road (Carseldine), Wacol Station Road (Wacol)
- Kangaroo Point and Green Bridges Program - Deliver pedestrian and cycle bridge from the Brisbane CBD to Kangaroo Point, and other proposals under the Green Bridges Program.
- Cycle Network Program - Deliver and expand the Cycle Network program to address gaps in the cycle network through provision of segregated bike paths and on-road bicycle lanes to separate bicycles from cars on major roads in urban areas.