Payments, transfers and templates
What is a template?
For your convenience, templates are previously saved transactions with a payee or biller. When you need to complete a new, future payment or transfer to the same payee or biller, simply use the saved template for that transaction. For example, if you regularly send money to the same payee or biller, you can save yourself some time by using a template from an identical, previous transaction.
If you do not want to authorise payments and transfers to existing payees or billers, you will need ensure that the payees or billers are saved as part of a pre-authorised template. To pre-authorise a new or existing template, simply go to Manage Billers & Templates and tick the ‘pre-authorise’ tick box for the new or existing template
What is a payee or biller?
A payee is a saved set of details (BSB and account number or PayID) for the person or business you want to transfer money to or have transferred money to previously. A biller, like a payee, is a saved set of details (customer reference number and biller code) for a company you would like to transfer money to or have previously transferred money to. You will be required to authorise transfers or payments made to new payees and billers.
Where do I find my payees and templates?
All payees from the previous internet banking platform have been migrated and are now found under:
- From the mobile app, you can locate payees through Transfers > Address Book > Payees
- If you are using internet banking on your desktop, you can locate payees through Transfers and Payments > Manage Payees
- All billers from the previous internet banking platform been migrated and are now found under:
- From the mobile app, you can locate billers through Transfers > address book > Billers and templates
- If you are using internet banking on your desktop, you can locate payees through Transfers and Payments > Manage Billers & Templates