What conditions are excluded under RACQ Pet Insurance?
Like most pet insurance companies, we do have some exclusions. The following conditions are excluded under our Pet Insurance cover:
- Any illness or injury related to behavioural problems i.e. anxiety disorders and any associated condition.
- Any dental treatment; but we may cover some treatments if you have the optional benefit ‘Tender Loving Care’ (TLC) or if your pet has a yearly dental examination and you give them any oral treatment your vet recommends.
- Any elective treatments or surgery that is not essential for your pet’s survival or part of the regular treatment that a vet may recommend for a condition.
- Patella luxations (dislocating kneecap)
- Elbow dysplasia
- Intervertebral disc disease (IVDD)
- Any declared pandemic disease that causes widespread illness, death or destruction to cats or dogs
- Anything caused by endoparasites like worms or ectoparasites like fleas or skin mites (but we do cover injury or illness caused by paralysis ticks
- Any known pre-existing conditions affecting your pet prior to policy inception (or within relevant waiting periods). Exceptions apply.
Please read our PDS, any applicable SPDS and Target Market Determination to check if this cover is right for you or call us on 13 1905 for more information.