We understand that your pets are a part of the family, and we know this doesn’t ease the blow of unexpected vet bills.
Our pet cover can help you with some of the costs incurred when your dog or cat are accidentally injured or become ill.
Pet cover can be purchased as an Optional Benefit with our Home and Contents Insurance or Contents Insurance policies. It is not available as a stand alone policy.
Why choose our pet cover?
- Cover for accidental injury or illness suffered by your dog or cat
- Claim up to $750 for veterinary care for each separate injury or illness
- A low $50 excess for each claim
- Cover for up to two pets
At RACQ, you can now choose between a little, or a lot of cover for your pet. Compare our optional Pet Cover to RACQ Pet Insurance to choose the option that best suits you and your pet.
There are some situations, events and types of loss or damage that we don’t cover. Please read the Pet Cover section of our Product Disclosure Statement carefully before you make any decision regarding this product.
This optional benefit does not cover:
- pets other than your dog or cat
- any pre-existing condition suffered by your dog or cat (this includes conditions claimed for in previous insurance periods)
- preventative, elective or routine veterinarian care such as vaccinations, spaying or heartworm testing
- injury or illness as a result of a business or sporting event such as hunting (dog and cat shows are
- costs incurred if your pet dies or is lost.
Also check out:
Insurance products (excluding Travel Insurance and the Life and Income Protection Insurance suite of products) are issued by RACQ Insurance Limited ABN 50 009 704 152 (RACQ). Conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Please read the PDS before making a purchase decision on this product. Any general advice relating to this product at racq.com is provided by RACQ.