Pet insurance for dogs
We know it’s important for you to protect your pet. That’s why our dog insurance covers the most common conditions that affect man’s best friend. With RACQ Pet Insurance your pooch is protected against hereditary, accidental, routine and chronic conditions.
- hip displasia
- cancer treatment
- joint conditions
- allergic dermatitis
- dental disease
- food intolerance
- heart, kidney and liver disease; and much more
Why trust RACQ dog insurance?
Unlike other providers, at RACQ you'll get comprehensive cover even on our policy. When you choose RACQ Pet Insurance you're protecting your furry friend when it matters most.
When you choose RACQ Pet Insurance and you'll receive:
At RACQ, we cover your dog for more. Check out our Pet Insurance PDS to see all the ways we protect your furry friend.
Get a quote
How to care for your dog
The health of your dog is important. Follow our dog care tips to reduce your vet bills and give your dog a happy life.
- At least 30 minutes' walk, run or playtime
- Vet-recommended food once or twice daily
- At least 30 minutes of calm affection
- Change water
- Groom - check skin and ears, brush and wash coat
- Basic obedience lessons with treats
- Wash bedding
- Long off-leash walk or play with other dogs, if well-socialised
- Clean teeth by giving dog a bone or chew toy, or brush with a pet toothbrush
- Trim nails
- Tick and flea treatment every 2-4 weeks (some treatments can last 3 months)
- Wash toys
Every three months
- Check tick and flea treatment
- Professional groom
Annual dog care
- Vet check-up
- Annual vaccination
- Heart worm injection
Compare pet insurance and find the best cover for your dog. Trust RACQ Pet Insurance and protect your pet when it matters most.
You might also be interested in...
Insurance products (excluding Travel Insurance and the Life and Income Protection Insurance suite of products) are issued by RACQ Insurance Limited ABN 50 009 704 152 (RACQ). Conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Online discount does not apply to pay by the month option. Please read the PDS before making a purchase decision on this product. Any general advice relating to this product at racq.com.au is provided by RACQ.
*Conditions apply—excludes pay later option.