What's a pre-existing condition?
A pre-existing condition is any illness or injury or any symptoms or signs of an illness or injury that your pet suffered or had in any form before your first policy started or during any applicable waiting period whether or not a vet has diagnosed or treated it. Refer to our PDS for more information.
Can a pre-existing condition be covered?
Yes, at RACQ we cover pre-existing conditions on a case-by-case basis. This means we’ll look at your pet’s personal circumstances to see if we can provide cover. You can ask us to waive the exclusion on your pet’s pre-existing condition if they’ve been free from their condition for 18 months.
To submit your application for your pet’s pre-existing condition to be waived;
- You need to provide a full treatment history from each vet you have attended with your pet to certify that your pet’s been free of clinical signs, symptoms and reoccurrence of the pre-existing condition for the past 18 months.
- Complete our pre-existing condition waiver form.
- Lodge your form and full treatment history via email or drop it into an RACQ branch.
- We’ll look at your case and provide written confirmation on the outcome of your request.
Can my pet be insured?
Most pets can get pet insurance regardless of their breed and health conditions. This means you could pay less if your pet is young or considered a healthier breed than others. Read our PDS for more information on what illness or injury we can cover or alternatively give us a call on 13 1905 and one of our consultants will be happy to help.
Why choose RACQ for your pet insurance?
Pet insurance takes the financial burden off owners and gives your pet the best chance to receive the medical treatment they need. With RACQ Pet Insurance you’ll receive:
- up to $12,000 per year for illness and injury costs
- up to 80% back on approved vet costs
- choice of excess - $0, $100, $200
- insurance from a trusted Queensland brand
- flexible payments plan
- and much more.
Compare RACQ Pet Insurance cover now and see how much you can save.