How to get help for common household emergencies
Get peace of mind knowing you have access to fast repairs for common household incidents.
Most homeowners can relate to the frustration of locking themselves out of the house, having a blocked toilet, or a burst water pipe.
These mishaps often occur when you least expect it and finding an available tradie after hours or on a public holiday can be challenging.
RACQ member Jennifer Vaughn experienced this firsthand after moving into her new property which was riddled with faulty taps.
“In the first year of moving in we had two blocked pipes, a tap burst in the backyard, a broken tap in the laundry and in the front yard,” Ms Vaughn.
“It was only about two months ago when my husband was watering the plants in our front yard and the tap burst off, hit the roof and sprayed water everywhere.
“Luckily we were able to quickly turn the water off to prevent any damage to the house and have a tradesman there quickly to replace the tap.
“RACQ Home Rescue has given us peace of mind knowing we can call on someone last-minute without additional fees.
10 common home emergencies
- Blocked toilet, pipe or drain
- Burst pipe
- Internal leaks
- Broken tap
- Broken or damaged hot water system
- Gas leak
- Power fault
- Heating or cooling system not working
- Broken or jammed internal or external door or window lock
- Locked out
Tips to avoid home repairs
- Keep your roof, gutters and downpipes clear of debris and well maintained.
- Have heating and cooling systems regularly serviced.
- Ensure a trusted friend or relative has a spare set of keys to the house.
- Keep household drains in laundries or bathrooms clear so that water can drain from the property if a pipe does burst.
- Repair any dripping taps straight away rather than delaying it.
- Keep all warranties together so that they are easy to find in the event of an accident.
- Ensure your home and contents insurance is up to date.
Be prepared for life’s home incidents and save time, money and hassle when they happen*. For only $199 a year a trusted tradie will be there when you need them.
*Home Rescue Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. Service provided by RACQ’s contracted service provider Aizer Trade Services Pty Ltd, QBCC licence 15137712, electrical contractor licence 86177. Available in selected areas. A 72-hour wait period applies to all new RACQ Home Rescue policies. Where applicable, follow-up work requires a separate contract with Aizer Trade Services Pty Ltd. RACQ accepts no responsibility for this follow-up work. ^While not guaranteed, RACQ’s Service Provider will endeavour for a licensed tradesperson to arrive within 4 hours.