Cut fruit like a pro
Here are some tips from the professionals on how to cut fruit the right way. Make the most of these six delicious fruits by following some simple cutting tips.
- Slice off the top of the fruit from about 1.5cm down.
- Slice the fruit along the white membrane inside.
- Pry the sections and turn the fruit inside out.
- Pop the seeds into a bowl.
- Cut the melon in half crossways.
- Place each half face down and cut into a grid.
- Easily remove the seeds from each piece.
- Use a screwdriver and hammer to puncture the shell where the coconut’s soft ‘eyes’ are.
- Drain the coconut, then hit the shell of the coconut with a knife’s edge until a crack appears.
- Insert the screwdriver in the crack and break the coconut in half.
- Break off flesh into bite-sized chunks.
- Remove top and bottom and stand the pineapple upright.
- Rotate and slice down the sides to remove skin.
- Slice width wise to create circular pieces.
- Chop the circular pieces like you would a pizza for easy to eat slices.
- Slice off one cheek with a serrated knife, avoiding the stone.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Score the cheeks in a crisscross fashion.
- Push the skin so the mango cheek turns inside out.
- You can either eat the mango right off the cheek or use the knife to remove the flesh in small square chunks.
- Cut in half lengthways.
- Use a spoon to scoop out flesh.
- Trim off any leftover skin with a sharp knife.
- Chop the flesh into bite-sized chunks.