Dining Rewards Competition – Win a night at Hilton Surfers Paradise and Catch Restaurant Voucher
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN
80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these
terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in
accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this
competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to residents of Queensland aged 18 years and
over who are current Dining Reward RACQ members at the time the competition
4. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the
immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other
staff) of the Promoter, related entities and agents of the Promoter are
ineligible to enter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any
individual who the Promoter has reason to believe breached any of these
conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct
calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition.
The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from
such an offender are reserved.
6. The competition commences at 8.30am on Saturday, 1 June 2019 and closes
at 11pm on Sunday, 30 June 2019 (Promotion Period).
7. Eligible entrants may enter this competition by joining the Dining
Rewards program. In order to join the program, entrants must be a paid-up
member of RACQ, provide the mandatory User information required by RACQ
Dining Rewards Program, register a valid Visa or Mastercard to their RACQ
Dining Rewards Account, be an authorized holder and user of the Via or
Mastercard and fully and validly complete the registration process.
8. Only one entry per entrant is permitted and only one prize will be
awarded to the winner.
9. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is
accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
10. The competition will be drawn at Monday, 8 July 2019 at 11am.
11. Times quoted are local times.
12. There will be one winner in this competition who will be chosen at
random by a representative of the Promoter from all eligible entries
received. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be
13. The winner will receive dinner at Brisbane’s much loved and
multi-award-winning Urbane Restaurant for you and 3 friends when you sign
up to the Dining Rewards program before 30 June 2019. 7 course degustation
menu ($155pp) + wines to match ($95pp). Value – Approximately $1000. Prize
components, including without limitation model and colour, may alter at the
discretion of the Promoter. Any change in the value of the prize between
the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the
responsibility of the Promoter.
14. The winner will be notified by email using the email provided by winner
when they registered with Dining Rewards and entered the competition. The
prize will be emailed to the winner to the address provided by the winner
when they entered the competition OR when they are contacted by RACQ staff.
15. If the winner is unable to be contacted within two weeks of the draw, a
redraw will occur. In the event that a redraw is required, it will be held
at 11am on Monday, 22 June 2019 and the redraw winner will be notified by
email using the email address provided by winner when they registered with
Dining Rewards and entered the competition.
16. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
17. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by
persons under 18 is not permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion,
award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian.
18. The information that entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for
the purpose of conducting the competition, and to periodically keep
entrants informed about the goods and services provided by the Promoter,
related entities and its service providers. By entering this competition
entrants consent to the use of their contact details for the purposes
described in this clause. The Promoter may use or disclose entrants’
personal information to related entities or other appropriate third parties
19. The prize winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the
prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the
individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and
conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with
any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The
Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any
additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties,
or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the
prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual
prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no
liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by
the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the
20. In participating in the prize activity, the winner agrees to
participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating
to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed,
video-recorded and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter
and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such
audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winner
will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner agrees that they
will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to
any media or other organisation.
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter and its related entities using their
name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a prize winner
(including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for
an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the
promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured,
distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
22. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as
listed. If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the
Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the
prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or
specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory
23. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by
the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone
failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter
which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the
competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole
discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the
approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may
24. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its
discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms, subject to
applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory
25. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers,
management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related
entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any
loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking
the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the
Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality,
suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes.
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are
not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act
or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s
Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply,
of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where
applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
26. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents
are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition
the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is
limited to $1.00.
27. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s
Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss
or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the
competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all
claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation
negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
28. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.