Pet Insurance “Pet Search” Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to residents of Queensland aged 16 years and over at the time the competition is drawn.
4. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter, related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has either breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
6. The competition commences at 9am on 4 June 2018 and closes at 5pm on 19 August 2018 AEST (Promotion Period).
7. Entries may be submitted from 9am on 4 June 2018 until 5pm on 30 July 2018 AEST (Entry Period).
8. Eligible entrants may enter this competition by submitting a photo or video of their dog or cat to the Promoter via the website racq.com/petsearch, along with an entry form listing their name, email address, location, pet’s name, pet’s birthday and pet’s breed. The entrant must also check a box in the entry form nominating if they are a current RACQ member. The photo or video must be submitted during the Entry Period and must have been taken by the entrant or a family member, within 3 months of the entry date. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
9. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject any entry it believes does not meet the entry criteria detailed in clause 8 of these Terms.
10. All entrants consent to the Promoter using the materials and details submitted. All materials submitted by an entrant (including photographs and videos) become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may use the materials submitted for any purpose without attribution, and entrants will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
Voting and People’s Choice Winner
11. During the Entry Period, voting on the entries will be made available to the public in such form or manner as the Promoter may stipulate.
12. The entry with the highest number of votes at the end of the Entry Period will be named People’s Choice Winner.
13. There will be 12 competition finalists in total (Competition Finalists). The competition finalists will be selected at 10am on 31 July 2018 (AEST) at 60 Edward Street, Brisbane 4000.
14. The People’s Choice Winner will be automatically allocated as 1 of the 12 Competition Finalists. The other 11 finalists will be selected from the remaining entries by a representative panel of individuals selected by the Promoter.
15. The Competition Finalists will be entered into a further round of public voting to find the overall winner and take such form or manner as the Promoter may determine (Final Voting Round). The Final Voting Round will be open from 9am on 1 August 2018 until 5pm on 19 August 2018 (AEST).
16. The overall winner will be the Competition Finalist with the most number of votes at the end of the Final Voting Round (Overall Winner). The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Prizes for Overall Winner and Competition Finalists
17. The Overall Winner will receive a $5,000 eftpos Card.
18. The other 11 Competition Finalists (including the People’s Choice Winner) will each win a $500 eftpos Card. The People’s Choice Winner will also win an additional $250 eftpos Gift Card.
19. All Competition Finalists will also win a photo shoot to have their pet featured in the 2019 RACQ Calendar with the Overall Winner being featured on the cover of The Road Ahead magazine.
20. The total prize pool value is $10,750 (inclusive of GST). Prize components may alter at the discretion of the Promoter. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
21. All winners will be notified by email using the email address provided when they entered the competition. The prize details will be posted to the residential address provided when they entered the competition.
22. All winners will be notified on Monday 20 August 2018.
23. If any winner is unable to be contacted within two weeks of the end of the Final Voting Round, a new winner will be selected by the Promoter and announced on 3 September 2018. The new winner will be notified by email using the email address provided when they entered the competition or through their social media account.
24. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
Weekly Prize Draw
26. A weekly prize draw will also occur during the Entry Period.
27. Eligible entrants may enter the weekly prize draw competition by sharing their entry publicly with the hastags #RACQpetsearch and #RACQpawsonality via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram during the Entry Period.
28. Each week one weekly prize draw winner will be chosen at random from the list of eligible entrants. Each weekly prize drawer winner will win a Vet Products Direct gift pack valued at $100.
29. The weekly prize draws will occur on the Friday of each week during the Entry Period and the weekly prize winner will be notified that same day.
30. The total prize pool for the weekly prize draw is $800 (being one prize valued at $100 per week over 8 weeks). The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Prize components may alter at the discretion of the Promoter. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
31. In the event that a weekly prize draw winner is unable to be contacted within one week of the relevant draw, a new winner will be selected by the Promoter. The new weekly prize draw winner will be notified by email using the email address provided when they entered the competition or through their social media account.
33. All prize winners acknowledge that the prizes, or any component of the prizes, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winners must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed by third parties on the taking of the prize, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by any prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize.
34. In participating in the prize activity, the winners agree to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. The winners agrees to grant the Promoter and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winners agrees that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
35. Entrants consent to the Promoter and its related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a prize winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
36. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prizes as listed. If the prizes (or any element of the prizes) are unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prizes (or that part of the prizes) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
37. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, then the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
38. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
39. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
40. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
41. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prizes. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
42. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.