Broken down? Call us for help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Already have Roadside Assistance and need help?
Download the app
Call 13 1111
Don't have Roadside Assistance? Get it today, before you break down.
If you don’t have RACQ Roadside Assistance and decide to purchase at the time of breakdown or when you need immediate assistance, you will need to pay a $98 immediate service charge in addition to the product annual fee. A 72 hour waiting period also applies to the extended benefits of Plus Care, Ultra Care and RACQ Ultimate – this cannot be waived upon payment of the immediate service charge.
A $60 surcharge will apply:
- for existing members or their spouse if requiring immediate service when broken down in vehicles not already nominated for roadside assistance; and
- when reinstating an expired roadside assistance policy at the time of requiring immediate service.
What does Roadside Assistance include?
- Mechanical breakdown - In the event of a flat battery, a jump start may be provided. If you need a replacement battery, we can organise one for you, but at your own cost.
- Towing - If your vehicle cannot be mobilised, complimentary towing is provided up to your service limits. Size and weight limitations apply.
- Emergency fuel - If you run out of fuel, RACQ can deliver enough unleaded or diesel fuel to get you to a fuel supplier (usually 10 litres) up to your service limits. The fuel is provided at the driver’s cost, unless you have purchased an upgrade to Plus Care, Ultra Care or RACQ Ultimate, then fuel will be supplied within the respective entitlements.
- Lockout - Complimentary attendance to open your vehicle when the keys are locked inside. In the event of lost keys or damaged locks, RACQ can arrange for a locksmith at the driver’s expense, unless you have purchased an upgrade to Plus Care, Ultra Care or RACQ Ultimate.
- Tyre changing - We’ll help you fit your car’s roadworthy spare tyre.
- Bogged vehicle - We’ll help to recover your vehicle, where it can be accessed, without leaving a constructed road or driveway. Please note that size and weight limits may apply for complimentary service.
- Caravan & trailer assistance - If your vehicle is immobilised, towing for your caravan or trailer will be provided, within your service entitlements. If your caravan or trailer has broken down, and your vehicle is still mobile, RACQ will tow the caravan or trailer at the driver’s expense, unless you have purchased an upgrade to Plus Care, Ultra Care or RACQ Ultimate, in which case a tow will be provided within the respective entitlement.
Call 13 1905
What type of vehicles cannot be covered?
While Roadside Assistance is available for most vehicles, there are some weight and height restrictions for towing and roadside service.
The following are examples of vehicles we cannot currently provide roadside assistance for:
- Vehicles over 4 tonnes GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass), vehicles over 2.3mtrs in width and vehicles over 6mtrs in length or 9.7mtrs for RACQ Ultimate members
- Trucks, buses & other heavy vehicles
- Taxis, limousines & other private hire vehicles
- Rental vehicles
- Motorised homes over 4 tonnes GVM
- Vehicles offered for sale by a licensed motor vehicle dealer
- Unregistered vehicles or vehicles on a day registration permit
- Registered & unregistered tractors & farm equipment.
- Vehicles being used or tested in preparation for racing, trial, speed or hill climbing test, or being used on a race track for any purpose
Visit the Roadside Assistance Terms and Conditions page to see conditions that apply
Roadside Assistance T&C's