Broken down and need help?
If you’ve broken down, contact RACQ. We’ve got over 700 rescue vehicles ready and waiting to help you out. No matter where you are, it’s our priority to reach you when you need us most.
Call RACQ for Roadside Assistance
Call 13 1111 to request Roadside Assistance now.
Get the RACQ Roadside Assistance app
Request Roadside Assistance straight from your smartphone. Download the RACQ Roadside Assistance app for free now. We’ll find your location from your phone’s GPS and you can get real-time updates on how far away we are.
Need emergency Roadside Assistance?
Call 000 first if someone is injured or stuck in your vehicle.
Stay safe when you've broken down
You’ve got reassurance a patrol is on their way, now just sit tight and stay safe until we arrive. You can reduce injury or accidents by following simple breakdown tips.
What to do when your car's broken down
Follow these helpful tips after a breakdown to get yourself back on the move as fast as possible.
- If you’re staying in the car, keep your seatbelt on
- If you’re outside the car, keep away from the road and stay behind the roadside barrier
- Don’t try and fix your car, wait for an RACQ patrol or tow truck
- Find a breakdown bay or park as far to the left side of the road as you can
- Turn on your hazard lights
- Turn on your parking lights.
Roadside Assistance cover
We’ve got roadside to suit everyone in your family. From low-cost options through to cover for your car, caravan and trailer, you can relax knowing we’ll be there when you need us. Find and compare RACQ Roadside Assistance now.