RACQ’s online payment competition
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to residents of Queensland aged 16 years and over at the time the competition is drawn.
4. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter and of related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe breached any of these Terms, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
6. The competition commences at 12:00am 23 October 2020 and ends at 11:59pm 24 January 2021 (Promotion Period).
7. Members who make an annual payment to purchase or renew any of the below products online at racq.com are eligible for entry into the competition draw conducted for the date of payment:
- Roadside Assistance
- Home Rescue
- Motor Insurance
- Home and Contents Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Caravan Insurance
- Trailer Insurance,
(each, an Eligible Product).
8. If a member makes an annual payment to purchase or renew an Eligible Product during the Promotion Period then the member will be eligible for one entry into the draw conducted for the date of payment. One prize will be awarded to the winner of the draw for each day during the Promotion Period.
9. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
Prizes and Prize Winner
10. There will be a draw conducted for each day during the Promotion Period (a total of 94 draws). These will take place weekly on the below dates at 11:00am, by a member of the RACQ Assistance Product Management team:
- 9 November 2020 for payments between 23 October 2020 and 8 November 2020 (inclusive)
- 16 November 2020 for payments between 9 November 2020 and 15 November 2020 (inclusive)
- 23 November 2020 for payments between 16 November 2020 and 22 November 2020 (inclusive)
- 30 November 2020 for payments between 23 November 2020 and 29 November 2020 (inclusive)
- 7 December 2020 for payments between 30 November 2020 and 6 December 2020 (inclusive)
- 14 December 2020 for payments between 7 December 2020 and 13 December 2020 (inclusive)
- 21 December 2020 for payments between 14 December 2020 and 20 December 2020 (inclusive)
- 6 January 2021 for payments between 21 December 2020 and 27 December 2020 (inclusive)
- 11 January 2021 for payments between 28 December 2020 and 10 January 2021
- 18 January 2021 for payments between 11 January and 17 January 2021
- 25 January 2021 for payments between 18 January 2021 and 24 January 2021
11. Times quoted are local times.
12. There will be one winner chosen at random for each day during the Promotion Period in this competition from all eligible entries received for the relevant day. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The total prize pool value is $16,800 (inclusive of GST). Prize components, including without limitation model and colour, may alter at the discretion of the Promoter. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
14. The winner will receive $200 worth of WISH gift cards. Subject to clause 16, a total of 94 gift cards will be awarded during the Promotion Period.
15. The winner will be notified by telephone or email using contact details available on the member’s policy documents. The prize will be posted to the winner.
16. RACQ will make multiple attempts to contact the winner. If the winners are unable to be contacted within two weeks of the draw being conducted, no redraw will occur and the prize will be forfeited.
17. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
18. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed. If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
19. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is not permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian.
20. The prize winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize.
21. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
22. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these Terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
23. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
24. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
25. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
26. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.
27. Woolworths Group Ltd ABN 88 000 014 675 is the issuer of the WISH Gift Card, but is not the promoter of the offer, nor responsible for fulfillment of the offer terms. WISH Gift Cards have no expiry date and are redeemable at participating stores only. For a list of participating stores and full Gift Card Terms and Conditions visit woolworths.com.au/giftcards.