RACQ People’s Choice Awards
$5,000 Travel Voucher Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to all residents of Australia. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
4. All employees of the promoter and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
6. The competition commences at 9am, 26 August 2019 and closes 5pm, 24 September 2019.
7. Eligible entrants may enter this competition by entering their full name, email address and phone number at the time of voting.
8. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
9. The competition will be drawn by RACQ Lifestyle at 11am, 27 September 2019 at RACQ Head office: 2649 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains, QLD 4113.
10. Times quoted are local times.
11. There will be 1 winner who will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The winner will receive a $5,000 RACQ Travel Voucher. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
13. Travel Gift Voucher terms and conditions are as follows:
- a. This voucher (i) is redeemable only for travel services offered by RACQ Travel, excluding Exclusive Travel Packages offered by Ignite Holidays Pty Ltd, online bookings; car hire; airport parking; travel insurance and accommodation where any of these items are booked in isolation; (ii) must be redeemed in full in a single transaction. (iii) Is not redeemable for cash.
- b. If a purchase (i) exceeds the face value of the voucher, you must make up the difference with another payment method; (ii) is less than the face value of the voucher, the remaining balance will be forgone.
- c. You are liable for all transactions on your voucher.
- d. Only one voucher valid per booking.
- e. Voucher must be presented at time of booking to receive discount.
- f. Valid for new bookings only.
- g. Not valid with any other RACQ travel vouchers.
- h. We reserve the right to change any terms contained in these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time without notice.
- i. Please note that professional service fees may apply when making a booking through RACQ.
- j. Voucher is valid until 30 September 2020.
14. The winner will be notified using either the phone number or email address provided by the winner when they entered the competition.
15. If the winner is unable to be contacted within 3 weeks of the draw, a redraw will occur. In the event that a redraw is required, it will be held by RACQ Lifestyle on 18 October 2019 at 2pm at RACQ Head office: 2649 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains, QLD 4113 and the redraw winner will be notified using the details provided by the winner when they entered the competition.
16. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
18. The prize winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize.
19. In participating in the prize activity, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner agrees that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter and its related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a prize winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
21. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed. If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
22. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
23. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
24. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
25. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
26. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
27. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.