Interested in seeing how different cars compare when it comes to owning and operating them?
From fuel consumption to maintenance, these comprehensive comparison tables have all the costs covered.
Before you buy a new car, it’s a great idea to take a look at the ongoing costs – so you know what effect the car will have on your budget into the future. RACQ has done the hard work for you in our comparison tables on car running costs.
In the tables, you’ll find:
- Comparisons for various sized vehicles available in Australia (micro cars, light cars, small cars, medium cars, prestige cars, large cars, people movers, small SUV, medium SUV, large SUV, 2WD utilities, 4WD utilities)
- Popular models, generally the top selling vehicles in each class
- Three popular prestige models from Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz
- Commodore and Falcon models running on petrol and LPG
- Diesel and hybrid sedan and hatch models.
All costs used in these calculations were current as at,3 April 2014 unless otherwise noted.
Car running costs (pdf)
The information contained in these comparison tables is based on studies performed by RACQ and other state motoring clubs, and relies on certain assumptions and data as outlined in the explanatory notes, which you’ll find in the PDF of comparison tables . It is a guide only and individuals should carry out their own investigations to satisfy specific requirements or situations.